This result will promote hygiene behavior change and ensure that as much wastewater as possible is directed to the new wastewater collection system through proper awareness raising.
It will complement the major infrastructure works being undertaken by the project in Result 4. Activities proposed for the Community Awareness and Infrastructure Activities (CAIA) program include:
- establish a Community Management Committee (CMC) in Phuoc Dan under TPC and provide capacity building to CMC and Town's Women's Union;
- engage the community and promote participation;
- prepare and implement project & sanitation/health linkages and awareness program;
- establish and manage a Sanitation Credit Scheme (SCS) for septic tanks and connections;
- community based sanitation - improve primary school sanitation facilities and construct public toilets at appropriate community locations – bus stations, markets.